But whatever the type, Beef Fat is definitely not one of them.
Janet Hardt, 63 of Homewood, Ill., boiled beef, extracted the fat and injected it into her face before she went to the hospital complaining that her face felt as if it was burning. Unfortunately, she passed away in hospital, not from the self injected beef fat, but from peritonitis – inflammation of the lining of the abdominal wall.
The autopsy showed that Hardt had infections and scarring in her mouth and on her lips, meaning she had probably done the self injections several times.
Home cosmetic remedies should be performed with caution, especially if they involve animal proteins – these can cause allergic reactions. The burning reaction which Hardt experienced was probably an allergic reaction to the beef fat, which she had become allergic to after being exposed to it several times. And of course, injections should only be done in an clinic setting, by a certified health care provider.